It’s finally starting to get cold up north and yes, we have actually had to turn on the heat! I guess I’m still in a bit of shock because I remember that in Dallas I was still laying out by the pool in late November. My husband, the Canadian says he still doesn’t think I comprehend the meaning of a “northern winter” but how can I? I’ve never lived up north!
Well, with all of this chilly weather I wanted to make something warm and yummy (and EASY) for dinner. One of my all-time favorite crock pot recipes is from my Aunt Sandy. Here is her DELICIOUS Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe. I love this recipe because it has the taste of chili but it’s not as heavy and it makes such a tasty leftover. I could seriously eat this soup every day! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 ½ package of mild taco seasoning
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (dry mix)
- 1 jar taco sauce (large, mild)
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- 2 cans light red kidney beans
- 2 cans black beans
- Optional: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, & Fritos corn chips
- Brown meat and drain. Put meat in large crock pot. Add taco seasoning.
- Drain corn & beans and replace liquid lost with water. Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and Fritos corn chips. YUM :)
This recipe will easily serve 6 with plenty of leftovers. Enjoy!