This past weekend Ryan and I hosted our annual pumpkin carving party and when we were brainstorming appetizers to serve there was ONE thing that I desperately wanted to make. We actually had it over a year ago and when I tried it, well, it was love at first bite.
It actually reminds me of a game day dip. It’s creamy, cheesy, and probably not all that good for you. But isn’t that the point of game day food? You’re supposed to have a little fun and eat almost a day’s worth of calories in a few hours all the while cheering on your favorite team with friends.
Without further adieu, here is the recipe for what I think is one awesome dip!
Bread Bowl Game Day Dip
- Pumpernickel bread (middle scooped out)
- 16 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup minced green onions
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 – 1 ½ can green chilies
- 1 cup chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together and place in hollowed out bread bowl
- Bake for 1 hour
- Serve with scooped out bread and your choice of crackers/chips/veggies