This morning I found the best banana crumb muffin recipe that is sure to be a winner in your household! After seeing how ripe our bananas were I knew I needed to bake something with them. We didn’t have enough for the banana bread I usually make, so I went searching on the Internet and came across a super easy, and super tasty recipe that’s absolutely delicious! These muffins have that rich, banana flavor, are moist, and the crumb topping adds that little bit of crunch that I love so much.
Try ‘em out the next time you have ripe bananas! All the ingredients are regular things you probably already have in the pantry!
Happy Baking :)
Banana Crumb Muffins adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In large bowl, mix together first 4 ingredients- 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt. In another bowl, mix together next 4 ingredients- bananas, white sugar, egg, & melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- For crumb topping, mix together remaining ingredients- brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, and butter. Cut butter up into little chunks. Mix together until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick once inserted comes out clean.