I’ve always been a breakfast gal. In fact, it’s probably my favorite meal of the day. Whether it’s pancakes, oatmeal, eggs, or just cereal I love it all! So when I made this delicious cinnamon sugar pull apart bread (thank you Pinterest for the inspiration) and took it to my MOPS group, I immediately fell in love. And I think the other moms at the group did too because when I went up to get a piece, it was nearly all gone! I’d say- score for the bread!
This is definitely an easy thing to make and it serves a lot of people, which is nice if you need something to take to a brunch, or simply have company at the house.
Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread adapted from PlainChicken
- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To make vanilla honey butter: whip butter and ¼ cup powdered sugar together until smooth. Stir in honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cut bread lengthwise into ½” slices, without cutting through bottom of crust. Spread honey butter in between slices. Rotate bread 90 degrees and slice bread into 1/2” pieces doing the same thing as before. Spread honey butter on the new cuts. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just make sure you have nice coverage.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and generously sprinkle the mixture all over the bread, as well as in between the pieces.
- Wrap bread in foil, place on cookies sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until bread is warm. Unwrap bread and place on platter and combine ¾ cup powdered sugar and milk to make icing. Drizzle icing over bread and serve immediately.
- Enjoy :)