Don’t you love a simple recipe? I know I do and when I tasted my mother in law’s peanut butter cookies I was a smitten kitten. When she told me that they contained only four ingredients I was blown away. A cookie with only four ingredients? Get out of town! Send me the recipe Mama V; “I’m making ‘em,” were the next few words out of my mouth.
I can’t tell you the last time I had homemade peanut butter cookies. It’s not that I don’t like them but usually if I bake cookies they’re chocolate chip, oatmeal, or those tasty little lemon crinkle cookies I have become so fond of. So over Christmas when I tasted these little guys- a bit crunchy on the bottom, soft in the middle, coated in sugar, and you can’t forget the signature fork marks on top, I was a goner. In all honesty, I probably ate about 20 cookies in a 4 ½ day time span at my in-laws. Proud moment? Umm, no. BUT, I blame it on the pregnancy and the fact that it was the holiday season. I mean, you get a few slip ups every now and then :)
Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 can (14 ounces) Eagle brand condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups original Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl mix together condensed milk and peanut butter (by hand) until smooth. Add Bisquick and vanilla.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and then roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Press fork on top of cookies to make criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies begin to brown. Let cool and serve!