think know I have an addiction. I’m addicted to crafting. Seriously, I just can’t seem to stop myself. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m not working full-time anymore and I just can’t seem to stay still so I find myself always making something. My thoughts- sure, anyone can buy something but it’s so much more rewarding to actually make it yourself.
So I find myself at Hobby Lobby far too frequently. In fact, I’m a tad embarrassed to say that I know many of the employees on a first name basis. There’s Cindy, who works in the fabric/sewing department and who is a complete hoot and full of great knowledge, and Debbie, my favorite cashier who always asks how I’m feeling gives me the latest update on her four kids. See what I mean? I know way too much. But I’m a talker and I love learning about others so I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Back to my crafts: This week, I made not one but two very easy crafts. Seriously, it took me probably a total of 10 minutes to make both. I also have two other crafts that are works in progress- a bird mobile for Miss V’s nursery and a scrap book from our month long Europe trip. I’m crossing my fingers that I can wrap the latter two projects up soon rather than later. Wish me luck :)
Ok, so what did I make this week? None other than a headband holder as well as a ruffle-bottom onesie with a matching pacifier holder. Easy breezy, my friends. So if you’re looking for something to make for your little one or a great baby shower gift, these are two very possible options.
- Empty oatmeal canister
- 2 pieces of 12 x 12 card stock
- Candlestick holder
- Decorative flower for top
- Wrap card stock around oatmeal can and secure with either tape or glue. I ended up needing two pieces so I cut the other card stock to size and glued it to the other piece.
- To attach the candlestick holder I simply hot glued it to the bottom of the oatmeal canister and then hot glued the flower to the top of the canister
- Voila! A cute and super cheap way to display your little one’s headbands!