To follow up my last post, Firework Cupcakes here’s the other dessert that I made for the 4th of July. This little treat was for the more health-conscious (read: it had to be somewhat healthy because there’s fruit, right??). And it too, seemed to be a hit. But then again, who doesn’t love cream cheese and fresh fruit?
American Flag Fruit Pizza
- 1 package (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- Shape cookie dough into rectangle and bake on large cookie sheet according to directions on package. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Spread mixture onto cookie.
- Use strawberries and blueberries to decorate then chill until ready to serve