Hi friends! I know I’ve been MIA for a while but we had all of our family in town for H’s baptism and because of all of the go-go-go and non-stop action, I ended up coming down with a nasty sinus infection. A week later, I’m finally starting to feel like myself again and ready to rejoin society… so, what do I do? Go to Hobby Lobby and Home Depot of course. In a maxi dress with a 5 month old strapped to my chest. Not feeling like death equals time for a craft.
Last week, I went on a pinning spree and found a super cute DIY necklace that only required two materials- washers and grosgrain ribbon. Unheard of right? What craft only uses two things?! Once I saw this, it became a craft must. After all, there was no sewing, hot gluing, or painting of any kind. Oh, and did I mention it costs less than $6 and only takes half an hour to make? You’re welcome…now go have fun and make yourself or one of your gal pals a cute and sassy necklace :)
DIY Washer & Ribbon Necklace with Video Tutorial
- 5/8” wide grosgrain ribbon, about a yard (buy it when it’s 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
- 4 small (5/16 diameter) zinc cut washers
- 2 packs (of 6) ½” diameter SAE washers
- 7 large ½” diameter zinc cut washers
- Before you start, lay out your washers in this order:
- This will be the order that you thread the washers onto your ribbon
- Leave about 6”- 8” at the end of your ribbon and thread washer #1
- Thread washer #2 then take the tail end of ribbon and thread up through washer #1 then thread it back down washer #2 (see my tutorial video for instructions on this step). Pull the ribbon tight. This creates the “lacing” for the necklace
- Do this over and over again for each additional washer
- When you get to your final washer take the end of the ribbon and thread it back down the final washer
- All finished!