With baby #2 on the way, I’ve already been thinking about what we will need this time around compared to last. Since we’re having another girl, I will give almost everything of Harper’s to this baby but there are some new things that weren’t on the market at the time that I’m dying to get my hands on to try out. After all, who doesn’t love the latest and greatest? Oh, and if it’s pretty and functional- sign me up! So today, I compiled a list of “must- haves” for baby numero dos. We have a few of the items on this list already but I kept them in because they’re just such good products I’d vouch for them all day long.
By no means is this list complete, in fact I’m compiling a major baby must-haves post in the near future (so if you’re a first time momma, that one’s for you) but if this is your second, read on!
- UppaBaby Mesa Car seat. I love the sleek design of this car seat, the fact that is has a 10-second accurate install, as well as a no-rethread harness. It weighs less than 10 lbs (that matters when you’re still trying to lug your baby into stores when they’re asleep in their car seat) and it clips right into your UppaBaby stroller, no adaptor needed. Not to mention, it’s one of the TOP rated car seats by consumer reports and it’s been awarded a 5-Star Rating by NHTSA.
- Tula Baby Carrier. What a gorgeous design! As someone who LOVES fabric and patterns, I cannot get enough of this pretty carrier. I fell in love with soft structure baby carriers with our first (and used an Ergo which I still love) as they provide so much support and can grow with your baby but this pretty design beats my Ergo’s solid navy blue (I was being practical) any day of the week. Yes, this is a mommy must have!
- Owlet Smart Sock. This is something new on the market and I think it’s absolutely brilliant! It’s a smart sock that has a built-in pulse oximetry that alerts you if your baby stops breathing. It has an independent base station that has an alarm and changes color if your baby stops breathing. You can also connect it with your smart phone to get real time stats. Even though it’s on the pricier side- it will fit your baby up to a year, in some cases 18 months and the fear it will alleviate (I can’t tell you how many times I’d wake up in the middle of the night to look at our video monitor to make sure Harper was alive) is priceless.
- Vino. Does this need further explanation? Enjoy momma! :)
- UppaBaby Vista Stroller. We actually have this stroller and if I could shout “I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!” from the rooftops, I would. There are so many strollers out there but this is a winner for me for two reasons: 1) you can add another seat or skateboard for another child- hence it grows with your family, and; 2) the basket underneath is MASSIVE. I’ve fit countless shopping bags, my diaper bag, and even our 6 lb Morkie in there. This is not a cheap item but the fact that we don’t have to buy a double stroller (just another seat) is so worth it. It comes with a bassinet, seat (which can be turned towards or away from you) with sun canopy to shield your little one’s eyes, bug net, and rain guard. We also bought the car seat adaptor for our Chicco Keyfit 30 (the UppaBaby Mesa car seat wasn’t on the market at the time), and a snack tray. It’s super easy to fold up (and the seat stays on) and has such a smooth ride, I would even jog with ours. Y’all, you will not be disappointed with this stroller… it’s the bee’s knees.
- Halo Bassinest. This is another new item that I think will be a lifesaver, especially since I’ll be having another c-section and I won’t be moving around too well those first few weeks. It’s the only bassinet that does a full 360-degree swivel and the side walls lower for easy access to the baby. There are a few different models to choose from but the one I like is the Luxe series as it comes with a storage caddy for all of your baby’s essentials, a soothing center that features 3 lullabies, 3 soothing sounds, vibration, nightlight, and nursing timer. Can you say command central?
- Ubbi Diaper Pail. This is another item that we already have and it was worth every penny! As someone who used cloth diapers, the stink could get pretty darn bad but this diaper pail made it so you couldn’t smell a thing. No joke. It’s sleek, has a small footprint, comes in tons of colors to fit whatever color scheme you have going on, and you can use any type of bag with it (we used a Planet Wise reusable trash bag). Another plus: it has a sliding lid that comes with a lock so little inquisitive fingers cannot search around inside. Highly recommend!
- Halo SleepSack Swaddle and SleepSack (for 6 mos+). I can’t say enough good things about these swaddles. We actually did the old fashioned swaddle with a blanket and it worked like a charm in the early months. But then your baby starts moving around and breaking out of the swaddle so these Velcro swaddles are able to keep their little arms and legs all tucked in. Once H was around 6 months, we put her in a SleepSack and she wore that until she was two years old (different sizes of course). These are an absolute must have.
- Milk Snob Toggle Multi-Functional Cover. Again, I think this is absolutely genius! One item that does the job of 3: car seat cover, nursing cover, and shopping cart cover. This one item would have eliminated so much junk I had to carry around. Plus, the designs are ever so stylish! Perfect for the fashionable momma.
Second time mommas, is there anything I left out that’s a must have?!? If so, please leave me a comment below!